Sunday 27 March 2011

Portrait Week-- Working

MARCH 27, 2011-- Barnyard Cafe server, Aleah Hughes, 18, of Brownsville, Ky., looks across the restaurant as she wraps the silverware in paper napkins. Hughes talks with her favorite regular, Dan Turner, of Bowling Green and she has been working at the Barnyard Cafe for almost a year. "When I first started I was the youngest one and everyone said I wouldn't last a week, but he [Turner] was the only one that was nice to me; so that's why he's my favorite," said Hughes.


MARCH 27, 2011-- Hard at work, Danielle Basham, 22, of Richardsville, Ky., sweeps the floors on the smoking side of the Barnyard Cafe restaurant Sunday morning. Basham has been working for the Barnyard Cafe for the past 7 years and is one of three servers to be working that morning.

MARCH 27, 2011-- Working the Sunday morning shift with only two other severs, Jessi Appleby, 33, of Brownsville, Ky., has been working for the Barnyard Cafe for 5 years. The only negative thing Appleby had to say about serving was "Just at the end of the day I'm worn out," she said.



This week we were assigned to do a three picture portrait series for Practicum. The theme had to have something to do with working or workers. I chose to do mine on diner waitresses at The Barnyard Cafe here in town. I had to turn them in in color for class, but I like them better in black and white...

No comments:

Post a Comment